Schoolhouse of Wonder and COVID-19
Reviewed September 12, 2022
Schoolhouse is committed to balancing the need to provide a safe environment with young people’s developmental needs to socialize, learn, and have fun. Our policies are informed by guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS), local health departments, the American Camp Association, and others. We will continue to update our policies and procedures as public health guidance changes. We will communicate any updates as they occur.
- All staff are required to provide proof of vaccination or verification of exemption.
- All staff have received training to ensure they understand the safety requirements, protocols, and expectations to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Staff and campers are not required to wear masks when outdoors with proper physical distancing, though we fully support staff and campers wearing masks at any time other than while in water.
- Staff and campers, regardless of vaccination status, are required to wear a mask when indoors (e.g. Mess Hall at Umstead, Photography Museum at West Point) and as NCDHHS recommendations dictate.
- As has been the case, food and beverage sharing is not allowed at camp.