If you’re wondering what your camper has been up to this week, here are some questions to get the conversation started…
TURTLE CAMP (Robin’s Group)
- On Wednesday your group played “Barracuda.” What was different about this game from the usual version? What was your animal for the game? What was the “fisherman’s” role in the game?
- Your group has found all sorts of critters so far this week, including snakes, crayfish, turtles, larva, and more! Where have you found all of these animals? Which was your favorite? Why? Did you get to touch any of them?
- Tell me about your excursion to the Secret Beach on Thursday. Had you ever been there before? What was it like there? What did you do there?
GNARLY STUMP CAMP (Nico’s Group)
- On Wednesday your group got to float above the dam and leap from the “jumping rock.” Did you jump off of the rock? What was it like? Were you nervous? Did you go out to the big rock in the middle of the river?
- Tell me about the baby northern water snake that your group found at the river. How big was it? What color was it? What other river critters have you seen this week?
- On Thursday your group hiked out to Sennett’s Hole for water time. How do you get there? What did you do and see there? Did you float in the hole? How was the water?