Schoolhouse of Wonder offers year-round outdoor camps, field trips, leadership training, and family activities.
Camps (Available in Durham, Wake, and Orange Counties)
Every Schoolhouse camp provides a unique environment of kindness, respect, and learning. Our outdoor day camps have different themes each season, but they are all inspired by our underlying values. Our award-winning camps offer a low camper to staff ratio that allows a sense of freedom while providing a safe and nurturing environment.
- Our Money-Back Camp Guarantee
- Outdoor Summer Camps: Durham County, Wake County, and Orange County
- School Break and Intersession Camps: Durham County, Wake County, and Orange County
- Growth Rings
Field Trips (Available in Durham County)
Our Field Trips allow students to develop their sense of wonder through active learning in the outdoors. Each Field Trip is a day-long experience designed to offer elementary and middle school teachers and students hands on experiences that build interest and exciting reference points to the curriculum being taught in the classroom. Schoolhouse of Wonder instructors use stories, sensory experiences, and investigative techniques to facilitate learning adventures in science, social studies, math, music, folklore, and more.
- Ecosystems & Living Organisms – Forest
- Ecosystems & Living Organisms – River
- Eno Plant Walk
- Insect Adventures
- Early American Life
- Native Ways
Leadership Training (Available in Durham, Wake, and Orange Counties)
Schoolhouse of Wonder offers 13-17 year olds meaningful opportunities to discover their own leadership style and practice needed skills in the caring and respectful environment of our award-winning outdoor day camps.
- Counselor-in-Training – Summer Camp
- Counselor-in-Training – School Break and Intersession Camps
- Counselor-in-Training Scholarships
- Junior Counselor
We offer a variety of programs outside of our regular camps and field trips. Read more about them here: