Is the camp you’re interested in already full?
Don’t panic! Do sign up for the waitlist (it’s free)!
We often have spots open up. If that happens, we’ll call the first person on the waitlist and work our way down. If we call you and your plans have changed, not a problem. We’ll just call the next person.
To sign up for the waitlist, try to sign up for the camp & follow the directions to add your name to the waitlist.
In our Wake Summer Camps we know that some kids play easily with others, some walk intrepidly into adventure, while others may fear the unfamiliar. At Schoolhouse of Wonder, every kid matters. Each person, young or old, is different. We love that.
Our award-winning, nature-based outdoor camps have different themes each season, but they are all inspired by our core values. Low camper-to-staff ratios allow campers a sense of freedom while providing a safe and nurturing environment. Campers (8-12 years old), Counselors in Training, and staff can also challenge themselves to grow and learn by earning “Growth Rings” in areas like fire making, whittling, plant lore, and snake identification and handling.
Oh, and by day’s end, we’ll return your kids dirty, tired, and happy. Guaranteed.
Questions? Check out our Wake Camp FAQs.
Summer Camps in Wake At-a-Glance
Schoolhouse offers award-winning summer day camps at Umstead State Park (Reedy Creek Entrance, 1800 N. Harrison Ave, Cary, NC). Nature-based themes change each week so a new adventure is always on the horizon.
5-7 years olds
- $279 per week with optional Aftercare at $50 per week (for 5-day camp)
- Camp Week: Monday through Friday 9:00a to 3:00p.
- Check In: 8:15a to 9:00a.
- Pick Up: 3:00p to 3:30p.
- Aftercare Pick Up: 5:00 to 5:30p
- Family Circle: Last day of camp at 2:45p. You’re invited to bring a snack to share, meet staff, and peruse the Camp Store (Schoolhouse t-shirts, hats, steel striker kits, pocket knives, water bottles, buttons, necklaces and more.)
8-12 year olds
- $309 per week
- Camp Week: Monday through Friday 9:00a to 5:00p.
- Check In: 8:15a to 9:00a.
- Pick Up: 5:00p to 5:30p.
- Alternative Early Pick Up: 3:00 to 3:15p (advance notice required)
- Family Circle: Last day of camp at 4:45p. You’re invited to bring a snack to share, meet staff, and peruse the Camp Store (Schoolhouse t-shirts, hats, steel striker kits, pocket knives, water bottles, buttons, necklaces and more.)
Most programs are eligible for a discount when you register for two or more programs for the same child or siblings in the same household in the same order.
You will automatically receive a $15 discount off the cost of a second and any additional camp seat purchased in the same order. This discount applies to Discovery Days and partial-week camps.
You will automatically receive a $50 discount off the cost of second and subsequent camp seats for siblings from the same household purchased in the same order. This discount only applies to full-week camps.
Please note that it is possible to receive both of these discounts on the same order, though it is not possible to receive both of these discounts on the same camp. Here are some examples of how this works.
Leadership Training for Teenagers
Want to nurture your 13-15 year old’s leadership skills? Learn more about our Counselor in Training program.
Have More Questions?
Check out some of our Wake Camp FAQs and Parent Handbook to see answers to our most common questions. If you still have any questions we’re always happy to talk with you. Call 919-477-2116 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For our program policies, click here.
|Wake summer camps are located at Umstead State Park and are made possible through our partnership with North Carolina State Parks.|