If you’re wondering what your camper has been up to this week, here are some questions to get the conversation started…
TURTLE CAMP (Whittling and Fire, Kaylyn’s Group)
- Today you played Sock Wars, a Schoolhouse favorite. What was your team’s strategy? Did you use all of your magic spells?
- On Monday, your group went on a wood scouting hike to find good pieces of wood for whittling. Did you find a good stick? What qualities make a stick good for whittling?
- This week your group played a game where some of the players were able to howl. What was it? What animal were you? Did you get turned into a werewolf?
GNARLY STUMP CAMP (Plants and Snakes, Jenna’s Group)
- A local herpetologist came to show your group some interesting reptiles. Which animal was your favorite? Why?
- Today you played a game at base camp that involved being quiet and stealthy in the forest. What game did you play? What strategies did you use during the game?
- On Monday, your group had the opportunity to start working on snake field guides. Did you start a guide? What are the requirements for the guide?