As the weather warms up and days get longer, we know summer is getting closer. And that means our summer camp season is getting closer too!
We understand there can be some questions and wonderings about sending your child to camp. How does water time work? What does a day look like? What kinds of activities do they do? What is a Windigo? We want parents to come to camp on their first morning drop off feeling prepared, excited, and in the know. We’d like to invite you to one of our parent orientations – come meet our staff, get your questions answered, meet other camp families, and leave feeling prepared for Schoolhouse camps. We’ll also have staff available with some small games, whittling, and storytelling for kids.
We’ll be holding six parent orientations around the Triangle this spring and we’d love to see you there! Although you certainly don’t have to attend an orientation at the same site your child is attending, we do recommend it so you can meet your child’s staff, get site-specific answers, and check out the location. In the meantime, check out our Parent Handbook.
If you’re interested in coming to a parent orientation, please RSVP by email so we can plan accordingly.
- Durham Parent Orientations
- Thursday, May 4th. 6-7:15p at West Point on the Eno Park (5101 Roxboro Rd, Durham).
- Wednesday, May 10th. 6-7:15p at West Point on the Eno Park (5101 Roxboro Rd, Durham).
- Wake Parent Orientations
- Thursday, April 20th. 6-7:15p at Umstead State Park, Reedy Creek Entrance (off of I-40 at 1800 N. Harrison Ave, Cary).
- Tuesday, May 9th. 6-7:15p at Umstead State Park, Reedy Creek Entrance (off of I-40 at 1800 N. Harrison Ave, Cary, NC).
- Orange Parent Orientations
- Thursday, April 27th. 6-7:15p at Chapel Hill Library Meeting Room C (100 Library Dr, Chapel Hill).
- Wednesday, May 24th. 6-7:15p at Brumley Forest Nature Preserve (the Schoolhouse entrance is at 3223 New Hope Church Rd, Chapel Hill).
If you have any questions, please email us (email@example.com) or call us at 919-477-2116. Hope to see you there!