If you’re curious about what your child has been up to in camp this week, here are some questions to get the conversation started…
Growth Rings: Whittling & Fire (Pam’s Group)
- Can you list all of the whittling rules? Have you started a whittling project this week? What is it?
- What is the first fire Growth Ring? What are the different kinds of wood you need to start a camp fire? What kind of tea did your group make over a fire on Tuesday?
- Tell me about the turtle your group found at the river on Monday. What did it look like? Where did you find it? What else have you seen and done at water time so far this week?
Growth Rings: Plants & Snakes (Robin’s Group)
- So far this week your group has seen several snakes at the river. What kind were they? What did they look like? Did you get a chance to touch a snake? What did it feel like? (HINT: northern water snakes)
- What did you see on your plant walk on Monday? One of the plants was heart-shaped and can be used to make tea. (HINT: wild ginger)
- Tell me about your group’s “plant rope challenge” on Tuesday. What plant did your group use to make their rope? Did the rope work? Were you able to pick anything up with the rope?