If you’re wondering what your camper has been up to this week, here are some questions to get the conversation started…
TURTLE CAMP (Melissa’s Group)
- In addition to knowing what to pack, backpackers need to know how to cook while they are out exploring. What campfire treats have you made this week? Which was your favorite?
- Your group played a Schoolhouse original game called Six Feathers. What was your favorite part of the game? If you were to play the game again would you use the same strategy or a different strategy? Why? How do you play with honor?
- While hiking on Wednesday your group found a garter snake. Did you get to touch it? Did it musk? What other animals have you seen?
GNARLY STUMP CAMP (Pat’s Group)
- This week, our theme is about learning basic backpacking and camping skills. What are some important things that you need to bring with you? What strategy do you use to pack your backpack?
- In addition to learning about backpacking, we also played several different games this week. Which game was your favorite? How do you play that game with honor?
- Your group had the opportunity to do some tree climbing. What kind of tree did you climb? Why was it a good tree for climbing? How high did you climb? What are the safety rules for tree climbing?