If you’re wondering what your camper has been up to this week, here are some questions to get the conversation started…
Buffalo (Stephanie’s Group)
- Tell me about Buffalo camp. What are your favorite parts? What sorts of things are you doing there? Have you tried whittling? Tell me about the big fort at your camp. Did you help build it? What homey touches did you include? (hint: a mulch path and moss welcome mat)
- What kind of animals did you find at camp on Tuesday? (hint: 3 turtles) What did you name them and why? (hint: Carson, Tasha, and Stephanie, after the counselors)
- For water time you have been going to the Eno River near the Mill. What have you found there? What do you like about water time?
Black Feather (Robin’s Group)
- Your group has been doing some fort building this week. Have you helped build forts? Whittling is a classic pass time at camp. Have you tried whittling? What do you use to whittle? (hint: potato peeler)
- For water time you’ve been going to the Eno River near the Mill. Tell me about “the chute.” What did you find in the chute on Monday? (hint: a snapping turtle)
- On Monday, the campers in Aftercare saw a worm snake. Where you there? If not, did anyone tell you about it on Tuesday?