If you’re curious about what your child has been up to in camp this week, here are some questions to get the conversation started…
TURTLE CAMP (Stephanie’s Group)
- Tell me about the progress you have made on your forts and structures at Turtle Camp. Do you have a favorite? What do they all look like? How many forts has your group built there so far?
- Tell me about your excursion to the Secret Beach on Thursday. How do you get there? What did you do there? Did you see any snakes there? What kind?
- Tell me about your game of Sock Wars with Gnarly Stump Camp. Did anyone win? How do you win the game?
GNARLY STUMP CAMP (Robin’s Group)
- Tell me about some of the animals you have seen this week. Where did you see them? (HINT: baby deer, fence lizard, box turtle, plenty of snakes!)
- Did you see the copperhead on Wednesday? Where was it? What was it doing? (BONUS: What is the difference between a copperhead and a northern water snake?)
- On Thursday your group had an adventure at Sennett’s Hole. What did you do there? Did you see any critters? What kind? Did you float in the hole? How was the water?