If you’re wondering what your camper has been up to this week, here are some questions to get the conversation started…
This week in Fireside Stories we are sharing tales and making flames! Our counselors have told stories with many lessons and laughs, and campers are working on creating their own. Your campers are also challenging themselves to practice fire skills by building a fire big enough to burn through a string, which drops down a treat.
- What three things does a fire need? (Hint: heat, fuel, and oxygen)
- What has been your favorite song in camp? Do you remember how it goes?
- How do you make a spoon using hot coals? What else can you make this way? (Hint: people have been making canoes this way for a long time!)
- What has been your favorite riddle from camp? Were you able to solve it?
- What animals have you seen this week? Any cool swamp creatures? (We saw a snapping turtle!)
- What is an origin story? In the origin story we listened to, how did all the land and the night sky come to be?