If you’re wondering what your camper has been up to this week, here are some questions to get the conversation started…
BLACKFEATHER CAMP (Melissa’s Group)
- We played a game this week called Sock Wars. How is this game played? What does it mean to “play with honor”?
- Campers had the chance to climb trees this week. Did you climb a tree? What did you do to stay safe while climbing? (Hint: three points of contact, bandana height limit, counselor spotter)
- We spent some time exploring and playing around the Blackfeather base camp. Did you overturn logs to look for creatures? Did you help build a fort? What do you like about Blackfeather basecamp?
BUFFALO CAMP (Pat’s Group)
- At river time today, we brought critter nets with us. Did you try to catch anything? What other animals did you see near the river? (Hint: northern water snakes)
- We’ve played a ton of fun games at camp this week. We played OkayNoWay and Cat Hole Relay to learn about some things at camp. What were those games teaching us? (Hint: the camp rules and how to go to the bathroom in the woods) What other fun games have you played at camp this week?
- Our group of Counselors-In-Training (CITs) helped us build a fort at Buffalo base camp. What did the fort look like? What other fun things have you done with the CITs this week?