If you’re wondering what your camper has been up to this week, here are some questions to get the conversation started…
GNARLY STUMP CAMP (Matt’s Group)
- This morning you practiced your skills at creating sundials and working on primitive fire-making. Which of these did you try? Which was more challenging?
- Yesterday at water time one of your Counselors in Training caught a yellow-bellied slider turtle. Did you get to see the little reptile? If you chose to pet the turtle, what did it feel like?
- Yesterday your group played a new game called Insan-a-Tree. How do you play this game? (Hint: similar to musical chairs)
- Today you learned a new game about predators and their prey. Which two animals demonstrated this dynamic? How do you play the game? (Hint: there is a blindfold involved and one of the animals relies on echolocation to find their prey)
- Your group played a game that helped you to understand deforestation. What three objects did you have to find to prevent the workers from cutting down trees? What was your group’s strategy to work together during the game?
- Yesterday, you got a chance to practice throwing tomahawks. Did you give it a try? Did you hit the stump?