At Schoolhouse of Wonder, we look for staff in any position to:
- Be committed to Schoolhouse’s mission and values
- Be kind, curious, and confident with a “can-do” attitude
- Have great verbal, interpersonal, and listening communication skills
- Desire a cooperative, team-oriented work atmosphere as well as the ability to work independently and follow through on tasks with minimal supervision, take initiative, and solve problems
- Work toward continual improvement, including receiving and giving feedback
- Be committed to providing safe programming including following our COVID procedures
- Take your work seriously but yourself, not so much
Include but are not limited to:
- Record day-to-day financial transactions
- Verify that transactions are recorded in the correct general ledger
- Perform partial checks of the posting process
- Data entry, both manual and utilizing import software
A Part-time Bookkeeper Needs to…
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven bookkeeping experience
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Willingness and ability to adjust to changing conditions and priorities
- Self-motivated and proactive, exercise sound judgment, lead by example, and enjoy both independent and team projects. Ability to work independently and follow through on tasks with minimal supervision
- Extraordinary attention to detail, accuracy, and high quality work in a growth-oriented, fast-paced environment
- Good analytical and data management skills
- Strong relationship management skills, demonstrate respect for co-workers and have a proven ability to work well with various personalities
- Personal qualities such as integrity, credibility, sense of humor, enthusiasm, initiative, competence, and extraordinary attention to detail
- Commitment to individual and organizational excellence in a growth-oriented environment.
- Proficiency in personal computer use, preferably with extensive experience with Quickbooks Online
We require up-to-date COVID vaccinations or a documented exemption for all staff.
Bonus points (or at least a high-five) if you have…
- English/Spanish bilingual
- Experience with SaasAnt
- Knowledge of nonprofit accounting.
Formal annual review conducted by the Administrative Director to establish and assess progress toward expectations identified in the work plan. Ongoing feedback provided through regular supervision and work plan development/review sessions.
Office Location, Hours, Travel
The Schoolhouse of Wonder staff primarily work remotely unless when site-specific needs arise.
Travel to off-site locations is occasionally required.
Flexible work hours with monthly deadlines. This is a part-time, non-exempt, hourly position expected to work 10-30 hours/month depending on the needs of the organization.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $22.00 – $26.00 per hour
Expected hours: 2 – 10 per week
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Work from home
Additional benefits include a steady stream of (mostly funny) stories and being part of a pretty great organization.
The position is open until filled. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
A complete application includes:
- Please upload a cover letter and resume combined as one document through our HR software:
- Include a cover letter that explains your interest in working as the Part-time Bookkeeper at Schoolhouse of Wonder (maximum one page). Please include your email and phone number.
- And your resume (maximum one page). Do not include photos of yourself on your resume.
Up-to-date COVID vaccinations, and a successful background check are required before work can begin. Schoolhouse will pursue both indicated and non-indicated references.
This is an “at will” position that reports directly to the Administrative Director.
Qualified women, minorities, and bilingual candidates (English/Spanish) are encouraged to apply. Schoolhouse of Wonder is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, disability, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.
Schoolhouse of Wonder is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, disability, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.
About Schoolhouse of Wonder
Founded in 1989, Schoolhouse of Wonder’s mission is to create kind, curious, and confident kids through nature-based outdoor adventures. We seek to achieve this mission through year-round, outdoor day camps, curriculum-aligned field trips, and leadership training for teenagers.
These core values guide our behavior and help us make decisions:
- We model and teach self-awareness and empathy
- We celebrate individuality; Different is just different
- Everyone deserves to be witnessed, heard and respected
- In nature, we’re all students
- Life should be filled with adventures and a sense of wonder
- We send every kid home dirty, tired and happy