We’re hoping you’re on this page because you’re interested in another summer of whittled butter knives, creek stomping, fort building, and Windigos. We also hope you’re interested in another summer of mentoring children and teens, building your skills in group management, and deepening your pool of empathy and kindness. Not a returning staff member? Or interested in a position longer than the summer? Click here to see our openings for new staff.
If you’re interested in working this summer please complete the application steps listed below.
Make $250 in three easy steps.
It helps our planning in a major way to know about returning staff as early as possible. In that spirit, we’re excited to announce our Returning Staff Early Signing Bonus!
Returning staff are extremely valuable to us. They know where Turtle Camp, Mist, and Big Creek are; how to play and lead games like Beckon, Werewolf, and Six Feathers; and what Growth Rings are. They also know about the philosophies that drive us at Schoolhouse, how we want to respond to kids having a hard time, and how to connect with a diverse range of campers.
To reflect the value of returning staff, we’re pleased to offer:
- Eligibility for the Early Applicant Signing Bonus
- A merit pay increase for summer work
- Input into staff training and summer program planning
- 1-3 new T-shirts to add to your collection
First, please complete the Returner Applicant Info Sheet.
Second, email the following to Schoolhouse of Wonder at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A cover letter that explains your interest in working at Schoolhouse of Wonder again, the position and location you’re applying for, what your expectations are for summer 2020, and what you’ve been up to since we last saw you (maximum one page)
- Your resume (maximum one page)
- Please include your cover letter and resume as one document
Reminder: We require current pediatric and adult CPR and First Aid certification by the first day of work. We accept certifications from the American Red Cross, American Heart Association, or American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI).
Schoolhouse will pursue both indicated and non-indicated references.
Qualified women, minorities, and bilingual candidates (English/Spanish speakers) are encouraged to apply. Schoolhouse of Wonder is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, disability, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.